The Essential Cookbook for Men by Manuel Villacorta, MS RD
85 Healthy Recipes to Get Started in the Kitchen
Rockridge Press (December 17, 2019)
Eat smarter (and healthier) at home―a beginner’s guide for men.
Say goodbye to takeout―it’s time you put your kitchen to use. The Essential Cookbook for Men is the book for guys who want to eat healthier (and cheaper!) but aren’t sure how to get started.
Like all the best cookbooks for men, this one walks you through all the kitchen basics―stocking your pantry, creating shopping lists, reading recipes―and takes you from gourmet greenhorn to seasoned chef. From Latinx-Style Fried Eggs to Stir-Fry Beef Sandwiches, you’ll discover tons of perfect-for-beginner recipes that show you really can cook up some seriously delicious food that will also help keep you fit and trim.
Go beyond other cookbooks for men with:
- Culinary crash course―It doesn’t matter if you’ve never set foot in a kitchen before―you’ll discover all the information you could want out of cookbooks for men.
- Easy recipes―Get complete and comprehensive instructions that all great cookbooks for men should have.
- Great tasting and good for you―Learn how to cook 80 dishes that are big on flavor and health benefits.
When it comes to cookbooks for men, The Essential Cookbook for Men is a must-have for your kitchen.
Good for beginner cooks (male or female). Easy recipes that have clear directions. Nutrition tips and Chef’s Notes throughout the book. Book is filled with healthy, flavor able recipes as well beginner’s recipes such as Basic Classic Pasta (literally how to cook a box of pasta), Steaming Broccoli, and how to make meatballs. Good section on stocking your kitchen with basic equipment and pantry. Printed on quality paper, good size book, and pictures throughout. A nice addition to your cookbook library.
Reviewed by Comfy Chair Books/Lisa Reigel (December 3, 2019)
ARC provided by publisher/Callisto Publishing Club
WHY IS THIS COOKBOOK FOR MEN?
Manuel Villacorta’s top 5 reasons:
1) My cookbook is for men to get into the kitchen and establish themselves as cooks beyond just grilling to transcend the stereotype that men can’t cook.
2) Based on research, men are looking for recipes beyond hot-dogs-on-the-grill. This cookbook provides a variety of recipes that are clear and easy to execute.
3) Even though anyone can eat the meals from my cookbook, based on my years of experience working with men, I wanted to make a book with portion sizes appropriate for them rather than the typical (and not realistic) 3-oz chicken breast with a 1/2 cup of rice.
4) Let’s face it, men don’t eat smoothie bowls 🙂 so you won’t find them here. However, I do include smoothies with balanced macronutrients for proper satiety.
5) I want more men to take charge of their health through food, so I made the recipes in my book full of flavor which is just what men are looking for.
MANUEL VILLACORTA, MS, RDN, is an internationally recognized, award-winning registered dietitian-nutritionist with more than 18 years of experience. A trusted voice in the health and wellness industry, he is also the author of four nutrition, wellness, and weight loss books.